AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Selling ad space on your sites

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Sales & Marketing Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:49 pm    Post subject: Selling ad space on your sites Reply with quote

A friend mentioned this one to me today.
Komoona dot com

It looks like quite a nice idea in principle but their demo didn't work for me. Besides, I was just about to say that if anyone wants to advertise on my site, then they can go through AdWords. Hang on! What were we saying a couple of minutes ago about AW being too hard to use?

Maybe the easier-to-use stuff will be able to take some of G's market share.

I'll be interested to hear if any of you have heard of them or used them.

Last edited by Kay on Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never heard of them.

I clicked on "Does Komoona charge?" and they don't actually answer the question.

Despite me mentioning that AdWords has become increasingly difficult to use, I doubt that its use has waned. I think, more likely, people just end up paying more for an ad than they should or than they intend, because they can't fully get to grips with the system. This could therefore be a good thing for AdSense publishers.
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd never heard of them either but I just thought it could be a handy thing to use (IF we had more info about their charges etc). I could imagine being on a site I like and seeing a box saying, "Place your advert here", and going through a simple payment process. That would suit me just fine, and I'd thought that some people might like to use it to buy ads on our sites too.

That said, there's always the middle-man's cut. It's probably easier to go direct to the owner if you want an ad. But then you might get someone like me who doesn't want to spend time negotiating with individual advertisers. Mostly we just do aff marketing or a few automated "post your advert here and pay via PayPal" things.

(Lightbulb goes on - why don't we make a box the same size with the same invitation to "buy an ad here"? Oops, we already do. So, why would we want to give a share of our sales to these other bods?)

I suspect it'll just turn out to be yet another of these things like AdBrite and the others who are trying to get some of G's action. We'll soon forget we ever heard of it.
callbox
Secretary
Secretary

20 ants

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instead of Adwords, perhaps try Infolinks instead?
ToAfrica.net
Secretary
Secretary

9 ants

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, we had many ad space in our site for sell too, include text, image, flash, banner and more.
I think that it is important for us.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Sales & Marketing Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum