AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

When is a gift not a gift?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Sales & Marketing Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:43 pm    Post subject: When is a gift not a gift? Reply with quote

I'm getting heaps of emails from merchants I'm aff'd with. They want to send me a Christmas gift. Ooh, that's nice.

And then the "gift" turns out to be a discount voucher to buy their products. What a swizz.

Who would want that sort of gift? If it's a gift, then I expect it to be free! A gift. Even a gift voucher of 10 would be acceptable, but a discount voucher of x% off isn't a gift at all IMO.

I think that this kind of so-called gift could do more harm than good. I don't feel goodwill towards the sender, only disappointment.
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a sign of the times. But yes... if that's what they're up to, they'd be better off sending nothing at all.

Very occasionally, we used to get the odd gift. A hamper from one hotel company always went down well, and the occasional gift from Google would crop up, too.

Alas, nothing so far this year... Frosty
Mark Johnson
Executive PA
Executive PA

59 ants

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the worse aspects of the holidays - the fake gifts. Just opened one from a guy in CA. His gift? A video with him in it trying to sell me something. WTF. But I blame myself for clicking on the link and wasting a couple of minutes, can't suppress that eternal child part of you that's always expecting gifts every season I guess.
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean about the sense of disappointment. If you sent me a free tea-bag I would quite happily have a cup of tea and think how nice it was that you sent me the thing.

It you gave me a fantastic amazing discount voucher so I can buy a box of tea-bags from you at a 10% discount, then I don't feel so happy about it, especially if you gift-wrapped it and gave it to me as though it was some kind of exciting gift. Evil or Very Mad

Some people just don't have a clue.
callbox
Secretary
Secretary

20 ants

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:04 am    Post subject: GifThem Reply with quote

I agree, it's a bit deceptive...I mean it's marketing for them, but it's really a bit confusing if you're the one who receives it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Sales & Marketing Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum