AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Back in the swing of things?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> General Chat Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject: Back in the swing of things? Reply with quote

I like this time of year for getting stuff done. With the new year comes new ideas, new focus and a new determination after the Christmas break. Is that the same for you or is just business as usual?

What are you doing that's different this year?
Bill Ryan
Executive PA
Executive PA

67 ants

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be back in London again for a lot of the time. Just can't get way from the place. Actually I am happy to be working there again Mad
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy but with a sad face?

You've got me confused.

Personally, I'm thankful I don't work anywhere near the capital. Give me Cumbria any day.
adigaskell
President
President

7099 ants

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been in a new job for a few weeks now so it's been a bit hectic, not so much with learning new things, but learning new ways of achieving those things, who you need to takl to and all of that. Move house on Saturday as well so the new year so far has been a bit of a blur.
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Adi... you sound like you've been busy. How's the new job and where are you moving to?
adigaskell
President
President

7099 ants

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New job is ok, just a lot of different systems to learn (email, content management, database etc.) plus of course lots of new names to learn and all that.

Haven't moved far (just down the road in fact) but the landlord was being a little iffy so thought it best to move on to somewhere a bit nicer.

How was your Christmas? Should add that IM is frowned upon here so won't be available on MSN for the forseeable Smile
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IM = instant messaging and not internet marketnig, I take it... Wink No worries... catch up one evening some time maybe.

Had a relaxing but busy (if that makes sense) Christmas, thank you. Seems like a distant memory now. Laughing

How's the cycling going? I've put myself down for a hilly, off-road marathon in July. Training officially starts next month but I'm using January to hit the gym and shed some weight. It seems to be working reasonably well so far.
planetZest
Executive PA
Executive PA

58 ants

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Paul, the new year is a great time to get things done, new ideas etc and it goes really well once over the holiday blues for a few weeks. I find that on the whole motivation is very high in the new year but daily it can dip sometimes.

Though i feel that can be also be due to workload, mine is crazy and it when its hard to juggle sometimes you start to find yourself procrastinating. Which is nutts considering, but there is something depressing about never being ontop of ones to do list....lol

I need to start cycling again or more exercise to keep motivation high, but i can never find the time these days, as there is always something more important to do.
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think with things like exercise, you just have to make the time.

Like you, I'm busy, busy... pretty much all the time - whether it be work of play.

But exercise is one of those things we can all do, however busy we might be. In fact, if we're fit and healthy, you could even argue that you become more productive when you return to work.

For this reason, I just enter an event (for me, it's marathons) and think "oh sh#t... I'd better get training!" Laughing

I suppose it kind of forces me to fit the exercise in somehow. Now that I've hit the big 4-0, I can't just turn up on the start line and 'wing it' without doing the training (at least not with something like a marathon), so I just have to find the time.

On that note... I'd better hit the gym. Very Happy
adigaskell
President
President

7099 ants

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where there's a will there's a way. People waste so much time watching tv for instance. Not a huge stretch to do exercise instead. To be honest I can easily set my turbo up in front of the tv if I have to watch it whilst riding (but seldom do)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum