AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best mailing list solutions?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Web Marketing Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Best mailing list solutions? Reply with quote

I am a building a mini website, the primary purpose of which is to get people to join an email mailing list.

Because of the information that we'll be giving in the emails, I anticipate that we'll get a lot of subscribers. (I'm hoping we could hit 100,000 subscribers in around 2 years time.)

When we mail these people (probably about once a month), we are not going to be selling a product as such, but rather offering something for free in return for FB 'likes'/Twitter follows, etc.

I know this might sound a bit weird/vague... but I'm leading to my main question which is:

Where can I find an inexpensive mailing list solution?

(bearing in mind that it's not going to be directly generating a revenue stream when I email all these people)

I've looked at Mailchimp and they're free for mailing lists of up to 2,000 subscribers and for up to 12,000 emails per month.

That's not going to fulfil our needs, and thereafter it looks to be quite expensive.

Any tips on the most inexpensive solution? I'd probably prefer something that's pay as you go rather than a monthly plan...
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, no. We use MailChimp. It's usually adequate for our needs.

One thing that's odd about it, though, is that their site tends to go down when the weather is bad because their staff can't get in to work. Bizarre or what? I wouldn't believe it either if I hadn't had several apologies from them for this particular problem.
am
Secretary
Secretary

20 ants

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reviewed circa 170 email marketing providers as part of my job to find a relatively in-expensive, adequate service. Suffice to say, there's very little to separate most of the consumer email marketing services out there i.e those aimed at SME's as opposed to larger companies.

I found that MailChimp, ConstantContact, iContact, DotMailer, Vertical Response, Exact Target all work well. There's more too but those were the services I found the most easy to use and cost effective.

You have to do some market research and decide for yourself but also, there's the luxury most of these are charged per email or per month usage - you can always change providers if you like.
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, everyone.

I ended up plumping for Mailchimp. It fulfils our short term needs and I've decided that, when we start being charged due to subscriber numbers, we'll just have to seek advertising to re-coup costs. Hopefully that will be achievable if we have a healthy list.
chriswillett
Temp

2 ants

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would do some more research on your own through the likes of google and yahoo. However I have heard and tried a couple different avenues and though these couple were good bets: icontact, Dotmaile, Constant Contact and MailChimp. Good luck
adigaskell
President
President

7099 ants

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At work we use Exact Target. It does the basic things reasonably well but isn't the most expansive solution out there.

We're moving over to Eloqua shortly, of which I have no idea. We're having a training session on it this week so can report back.
yassine1995
Temp

7 ants

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hy if you want to build your list you need to buy some solo ads and this is the fastest way to build a list , i recommend you to go into a solo ad directory and buy solo ads from people that have huge email lists !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Web Marketing Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum