AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Would you like fries with that?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Sales & Marketing Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Would you like fries with that? Reply with quote

Is it just me or do the rest of you get cheesed off with people trying to sell you stuff over the counter that you don't want...

I have just come back from Santander where they are forever trying to 'sell' you their credit card (you get a reasonable % back on fuel purchases). All I wanted was a mini statement, but you have to llisten to this diatribe about how stupid you are for not having their card (the elderly gentleman to my left was getting the same spiel). I wouldn't mind too much if I didn't get the same cr*p each time I go in (often from the same person)!

The other place I get this is the Post Office. I just want some letters weighed and posted, but they seem more intent on selling me top-ups for my mobile phone and other stuff I don't need/want. They'll do this regardless of the fact that the queue is out of the door for people wanting only what they came in for.

Yours,

Victor Meldrew
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Sales & Marketing Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum