AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Time for a rant - BHS returns policy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> General Chat Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Time for a rant - BHS returns policy Reply with quote

Bought a number of items from BHS recently. One of them was damaged so I got in touch to ask for a replacement. I took a photograph of the item and offered to email them the damage, with the item still with its tags on (couldn't email it at first because initial contact was via a contact form).

When I EVENTUALLY got a reply, they explained that they didn't do exchanges on online orders and that I'd have to either go into a store (which for us is a half hour drive away and I don't suppose we could be sure they'd have the item in in the right size), or return the item by post and re-order from their website and request a refund from them on the postage component of the order.

I wrote to them saying I didn't want the hassle of ordering again. I just wanted it exchanged, but no reply, etc. .. chased it... and... well, basically they couldn't really care less IMHO.

So... here's the email I've just fired off to them...

Quote:
Your lack of responses makes it very clear that you don't give a monkeys about your customers.

Defective item has been returned in the post today. Naturally, I would like this refunded ASAP.

Meanwhile, I have purchased a replacement as instructed and am hereby requesting a refund on the postage of 3.95. For your reference, from your website, after ordering, it read:

your order number is: 11357430

Don't expect me to buy from you again. If you sell items that are faulty, you should show some care in putting the problems right. You clearly haven't cared (ignoring my emails demonstrates that) so I'll order elsewhere in future.

Sincerely,

<my name>

Oh... and PS... thanks for ruining a birthday present.

I'm fully expecting to have to chase the refund on the returned item, and to have to chase the postage refund on the newly sent item.

OK... rant over... you can get back to whatever you were doing. I feel better now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum