AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What do you feel about these new domains?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Domains & Hosting Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: What do you feel about these new domains? Reply with quote

Sounds like we're going to get a vast swathe of new domain suffixes with companies being able to register 'their' name and/or brand(s) as a suffix.

So, for instance, Canon will be able to have the web address www.cameras.canon

Read more at http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-17681707

What do you feel about this? Is it necessary? Is it confusing? Is it going to devalue .com domains?
adigaskell
President
President

7099 ants

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ridiculous idea. The beauty of domain names at the moment is that they're simple. This seems to be trying to fix something that isn't broken.
Eagle
President
President

659 ants

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has to be profiteering on some level?
smokdarecki
PA
PA

34 ants

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi...Saw recently Samoa Tourism Authority using samoa.travel domain. It seems it fit perfectly for the topic of this site.
I do not think people will rush for such new domain names, but in the longer term, the pockets of wholesale traders of .com, etc. domains will become "less fat" Very Happy
I think .com will stay as the top domain registration option. But other like .biz or .net become less popular in the longer run.
As for me, I will stick to .com. Have bought a year ago domain best-hotels-travel.com for $1,-. and didn't know what to do with it. Recently, I have transfered it to Namecheap and started developing travel directory
The listing will be $100,- so all the junk and spammers will give up on me! Laughing Joking, but It will be very manually edited, without automated form submitting! Time will show. I will let you know on travel forum, too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Domains & Hosting Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum