AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How often do you make a post or reply?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> General Chat Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drachsi
Executive PA
Executive PA

136 ants

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: How often do you make a post or reply? Reply with quote

Is there a general trend to use Forums less? I notice some areas have not had a post for many months.

Regards
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There could be a trend in reduced forum use, I've not researched it. Forums were one of the first "social" means of interacting on the Internet. Now, of course, there are a lot of other ways to be social - FaceBook, Pinterest, Twitter etc. And people do use them a lot to interact.

However, there still are some thriving forums. Some people don't want the bother of creating a FB page or tweeting at people (can't have a proper conversation). Some people like the simplicity of joining a forum and joining in the discussions there.

A good forum is about creating and nurturing a community, and that is far from dead. Money Saving Expert, for example, one of the real biggie forums, sold for $87 million recently. So there is still a place for forums, it's a case of whether there's a thriving community or not. And it takes a heck of a lot of time and effort to nurture such a community and keep it thriving.
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, I don't have the figures, but I would imagine forum usage across the board has declined in more recent years.

Nowadays we have so many more things competing for our online attention, and the various social media outlets must surely have had an impact upon the amount of time people spend on forums.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum