AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Honest feedback required for The Nutty Tarts Company...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Website Review Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nuttytart
Temp

5 ants

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject: Honest feedback required for The Nutty Tarts Company... Reply with quote

Hi

Have just found this site, very useful!

Would really appreciate any feedback re our new site www.thenuttytarts.co.uk which we finished a few weeks ago. Myself and business partner are passionate about cakes, and have had a dream to set-up a company offering cakes as gifts by post, so The Nutty Tarts Company was born Very Happy .

We are unique in that all of our products are homebaked, contain no nasties and come in luxury gift wrapping and fantastic 'Nutty Tarts' gift boxes. Imagine the recipient's face when a pink stripey box is delivered to them, how decadent!

Anyway thanks for reading this, and await any comments.

The Nutty Tarts
Mike Dempsey
President
President

1366 ants

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The front page is nice, but the rest is to pink for my tastes, kind of harsh on the eyes.
adigaskell
President
President

7099 ants

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the front page is great (although its not 100% clear you need to click the image to enter the site). Maybe an 'enter shop' link would be good (or something more inviting)

I don't mind the pink'ness of the rest of the site although I would say that the colour and logo suggest to me that Nutty Tarts is a Sex in the City type site for nutty girls rather than a site about lovely cakes.

You have that clear picture of scrummy cakes from the home page and its lost once you get into the site itself. A picture is worth a thousand words and the pic on the home page is perfect. Think about doing something similar on the shop pages.

You could also try and differentiate yourself from all the other e-commerce sites out there by using different cake related icons.

On the product pages themselves you might want to consider the AIDA approach: Attention, Interest, Desire, Action. Try and make the reader salivate with expectation of your lucious cakes passing their lips.

Hope this helps Smile
Thais
President
President

0 ants

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Dempsey wrote:
The front page is nice, but the rest is to pink for my tastes, kind of harsh on the eyes.

Real men just can't handle pink Wink
nuttytart
Temp

5 ants

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol thais! Seem to be following you around Laughing

Thanks for all your comments so far, very useful. Thanks for taking the time out to post so much adigaskell - what you say makes sense. The website is our first attempt at anything like this, so appreciate we will need to do some 'tweaking' - hopefully not too much though Wink
NuttyTarts
Temp

3 ants

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

Hi

I came across this thread I started yonks ago and thought I'd post an update for anyone who was interested.

Well it's 8 years later and guess what... we are still in business!! Very happy to be so too. It's been a long journey as I think we were a bit naive in the beginning but have learnt a huge amount along the way.

We went from a small cottage industry working from home to having a purpose built production unit today. We supply Waitrose, Tesco, lots of delis and food shops as well as sending our goodies out all over the U.K. We now employ 6 part-time staff and this year promises to bring lots of new opportunities if we are lucky.

It hasn't been easy though, it is much more hard work than we could ever have imagined and cash flow has been a serious, almost fatal problem most of the way along. But we have succeeded in believing in ourselves and our products and this has helped us greatly.

Oh and we've had a few website updates along the way Wink

Nutty Tarts
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear you're still in business and going from strength to strength. Has the recession affected you at all or do you seem to have escaped it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Website Review Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum