Retired Oil Baron
Joined: 14 Oct 2002
|Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 1:03 pm Post subject: McDonald's suedover too much pepper on burrito
|A Texas man is suing McDonald's claiming too much black pepper on a breakfast burrito caused him two months of daily nosebleeds.
Marcus Long also says the burrito he ate on November 18 caused an infection in his mouth and possible damage to his vocal chords. The Houston Press says Mr Long's lawyer claims his client's health has been declining since eating the offending burrito on November 18.
Last year the 61-year-old was diagnosed with cancer of the brain, colon, lung and spine after a routine procedure on his bladder. Radiation and chemotherapy treatments made his mouth sensitive and sore, so he stopped wearing his dentures.
Almost every morning for the past year his wife Elaine bought him two pints of milk and three McDonald's sausage, egg and cheese breakfast burritos because he could eat the soft, processed dairy product with his gums.
Mr Long said of the burritos she bought him on November 18: "I looked inside the burritos and they were just black. You couldn't hardly see the egg."
She returned to the McDonald's outlet where the manager said they had stopped serving the burritos because of problems.
A McDonald's representative is rejecting the claims from Mr Long: "After a thorough investigation, I have no reason to believe this claim has anything to do with my restaurant or my employees."
He said Marcus Long was the only customer who complained. "I believe this claim is without merit. Food safety and the safe operations of my restaurant are among my highest priorities," added the representative.
Aardvark Map - custom maps for your site
Follow me on Twitter
Become an Aardvark fan on Facebook