AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone Own a Shoe Store?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Self-Employment Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

4 ants

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: Anyone Own a Shoe Store? Reply with quote

I"m thinking of buying a very well established shoe store but know nothing about it. If anyone here has any experience "{owning)" one please tell me what you think about it.

It is a high end store in a very good location, the owner is willing to stay on as a consultant for a year or so, I have two people in mind that I would like to run the business for me. They are both hard workers, have alot of retail and people experience, they have worked in the bridal industry not only selling gowns but all the accessories that go along with it, for at least 5 years each. They are the top sales people within that company. They also have management experience in the store. One of them is my daughter and the other is a girl that is not only a good friend of hers but who she also works with. My Daughters husband is also someone I would consider. He is a business and marketing major. They work well together. They met while working together at a restaraunt as bartenders while going to University.

But what I'm really interested in is what people think about owning and operating a shoe store.

242 ants

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know that i can help with the question about the shoe store directly. But the first thing that i think you need to do is complete a good investigation into the store. If you are a serious buyer and theya re serious sellers then they shouldnt have a problem showing you the trading history finanacial reports, or even allowing you to speak to there accountant about the business.

If you Son In Law is a Business and marketing major then maybe have him look over the books and such with you and just try to look at the business in such a way that you may be able to pick up if there are any quirks of the owners currently or the employees that may leave which could affect the business.
Joel Brown - Orion Networks
Techie-Central Forums

8 ants

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you purchase the shose for your store, if you really run a shose store?
Will you purchase your goods from abroad?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Self-Employment Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum