AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine



 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

     

Looking for opinions on [.WS] sites.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Domains & Hosting Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
nRG
Executive
Executive


Joined: 15 Mar 2005
Posts: 153
Location: www.FitnessHealthPro.com
172 ants

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject: Looking for opinions on [.WS] sites. Reply with quote

CGI offers .WS "WebSite" for a free trail and somehow pays through referrals. Just wondering if anyone came accross this and your overall opinions before any of my associates get sucked into the ".Ws boom supposed hype"

Thanks in advance
nRG
_________________
#1 in Weight Loss-FREE! 30 Day Supply
www.FitnessHealthPro.com
Worlds #1 SuccessBook
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
paul
President
President


Joined: 15 Oct 2002
Posts: 8314
Location: UK
11706 ants

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no ".ws hype" from where I'm looking. GoogleGuy states "We don't have any built in penalty (or boost) for the top-level domain.." but, regardless of that, I don't think it's a widely recognised domain name with the internet masses. You're miles better off with a .com IMO.

Paul
_________________
UK Hotels - UK Selfcatering
Luxury Travel - Lake District Apartment
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
robro
Secretary
Secretary


Joined: 22 Apr 2005
Posts: 10

17 ants

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:18 pm    Post subject: .ws Domain Names....Hype or Hope? Reply with quote

The .ws domain is relatively new. It has only been around since June of 2004. Therefore it wouldn't be fair to compare it to the .com domain name. Just like when the .net domain name came on the scene I'm sure it couldn't be compared to the .com domain name. But now it's almost just as hard to get a .net domain as it is .com domains. So when one looks at the possibility of the .ws domain being successful, you must look at it in the light of the vastness of the internet. Anything of value that you properly market on the internet will experience positive results. Why? Because of the vastness of the net? There are not enough .com domain names for every new and old business that are looking to establish a presence online. The fact of the matter the possibilities of you finding a good .com domain are increasingly diminishing, because most of the good ones are already taken. So do you refuse to put your business online because the .com domain name you want is not available. No, you consider other options. This is where the .ws domain name comes into play. The reason the .ws domain name is somewhat under scrutiny is because it's the new kid on the block. But give it another year and it will be a whole different story. Please do not only take my word for it. If you have time research on the web and see how the .ws domain name is growing in popularity. Your business name may be available now, but in a year or so it more and likely will not be. If you do decide to sign up for a .ws domain, please be kind enough to do so by clicking on my link below. Thanks.
_________________
Need a .ws domain name?
www.Robro.ws

Need a business website?
www.WebsiteDesign123.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
trev
President
President


Joined: 15 Oct 2002
Posts: 3011
Location: NW England, UK
4037 ants

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is .ws an official ICANN registered domain name or one of those where your browser needs a plugin to work it?

Quote:
There are not enough .com domain names for every new and old business that are looking to establish a presence online.


Depends how creative you are and how many words there are in the world. In the English speaking world it might be getting tricky with good domains like hotel.com and sex.com gone long ago, but if you are creative there are still a number of very good domains and suites available by joing a couple of words together.

We've aquired a vast suite of domains recently (over 100 so far with another 50+ waiting to be registered) but it's amazing what people don't think of when getting domains. We've also got about another 500 or so that were available a little while back as a suite in what isn't exactly an uncompetitive market place although those would be more likely to be known by people in the UK.


The trouble with .ws is that half the Internet world (ie: America) has absolutely no clue that anything other than .com exists and to a lesser degree .net. Give them an address like hotels.co.uk and they type it hotels.co.uk.com! I suspect .ws will head the same way.

The other thing to remember is that although a lot of domains are registered, there are an awful lot which lapse although there seem to be plenty of search engines out there willing to grab pretty much anything going to see if it gets traffic - guess it works for them.


Also, if it's meant for web sites, can you use .ws for your e-mail address also? Smile

Trev
_________________
Mad Theories - Ambleside - Coniston - Grange
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
robro
Secretary
Secretary


Joined: 22 Apr 2005
Posts: 10

17 ants

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Domain .ws reply Reply with quote

Hello,

.ws names are ICANN registered. In regards to your other comments

Quote:
Depends how creative you are and how many words there are in the world. In the English speaking world it might be getting tricky with good domains like hotel.com and sex.com gone long ago, but if you are creative there are still a number of very good domains and suites available by joing a couple of words together.


Yes there are still some good domain names that exist, however there are over 60 million that have already been used globally. Industry experts are predicting that in the next ten years, more than 500 MILLION domain names and web sites will be active annually.
There is no way .com domain names will be the sole provider. I agree with you that .ws domain names can not begin to take the place of .com domain names, and I doubt they ever will. But they will become increasingly more acceptable and will become a practical option in the future. I'm sure the present day generation may not widely accept this now, but eventually they will. It's inevitable. As long as the internet continues to grow, other options will be forced to come into view.

Being in the domain business yourself, if you ever decide to prepare for the future and get in on the .ws domain names please do so by clicking on my link below or send me an email at robro@theprovenformula.com. And remember it's free to join and to register your domain name. Along with your domain name they give you a website to market the domain names and they set up a state of the art back office panel for you to monitor the growth of your business. All I do is enter email addresses of those person I think may be interested and their automated marketing system does the rest. From the initial point of contact to follow up emails. It requires minimum amount of time and allows me to work my Web Design business full time. I work the .ws domain business on the side for I feel it's going to pay off in the long run. Well anyway, I wish you well in all your future business endeavors and maybe our paths will cross again some day. God bless. Smile
_________________
Need a .ws domain name?
www.Robro.ws

Need a business website?
www.WebsiteDesign123.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
TWI
Vice President
Vice President


Joined: 01 Dec 2003
Posts: 377
Location: California
438 ants

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The .ws domain is perfectly legit (albeit somewhat unknown and unrecognized). It has been around for ages, and is the country TLD for Western Samoa. More recently, it is being marketed globally as "dot web-site." This is similar to the .cc domain (country TLD for Cocos-Keeling Islands) that was popular a couple of years ago.

I suppose it is just a matter of time before other third world countries offer up their assigned TLDs when they discover there is money to be made. How about Namibia marketing their .na TLD as "dot North America" or Azerbaijan pitching their .az TLD as "dot Arizona"? Maybe Benin's TLD could become the domain of choice for certain X-rated sites (.bj)!
_________________
The Whole Internet, LLC
Handicapped accessible Web design & Quality PHP hosting
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
robro
Secretary
Secretary


Joined: 22 Apr 2005
Posts: 10

17 ants

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:12 am    Post subject: RE: LISTEN IN ON A CONFERENCE CALL FOR .WS DOMAIN NAMES Reply with quote

Hey NRG,

There's a live web conference that's going to be providing more info on .ws domain names on Sunday, April 24th.

Join us on Sunday as two of GDI's top affiliates drop in to share the secrets of their success.

Tammy Moen-Lankow - Learn the secrets to Tammy's GDI success in our "Best Practices" segment.
Randy Thomas - Randy is a tech-savvy Internet marketer that has been referring people to GDI like crazy. He will be calling in to share some of the techniques he uses with you.

Visit http://www.wsinternetshow.ws
Sunday at 12:00 noon (Pacific Time) to 1:00pm

The WS Internet Show is a live web broadcast. You do not have to call in or listen to your radio to hear us. Just visit the web site above at noon on Sunday and the audio will stream to your computer.

On our web site, you will find archives of past calls, as well as the phone number to call in if you wish to ask us a question during our live Question and Answer segment, which is at the beginning of the show.

After the call-in segment, stick around to hear golden nuggets of information from Tammy and Randy as they share valuable information with you, and for "Chip U", Chip Snyder's own training segment. Starting this week we will also open up the phone lines for call-in questions during this segment.

NRG if you are still looking for more info on the business, you don't want to miss the show this week. It's going to be overflowing with information that I'm sure will be helpful to you.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Thanks. Smile

Robro
_________________
Need a .ws domain name?
www.Robro.ws

Need a business website?
www.WebsiteDesign123.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
nRG
Executive
Executive


Joined: 15 Mar 2005
Posts: 153
Location: www.FitnessHealthPro.com
172 ants

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info to everyone who replied. Also I actually wouldn't mind taking the time to take a look at what GDI has to offer but sunday i'm hosting a new representative training at a local hotel. Best of luck with your business, and i'll actually be looking into maybe getting a general quote for websites. Local developers are outrageously costly.

ExpectSuccess..
nRG
_________________
#1 in Weight Loss-FREE! 30 Day Supply
www.FitnessHealthPro.com
Worlds #1 SuccessBook
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Orion
Executive
Executive


Joined: 03 Nov 2004
Posts: 223
Location: Brisbane, Queensland
242 ants

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am quite wary of WS domains as i have seen a MLM company presentation which is built around the WS domains and it is quite a turn off for me when something goes MLM i dont like the whole scheme they generally run.
_________________
Joel Brown - Orion Networks
Techie-Central Forums
Books
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
robro
Secretary
Secretary


Joined: 22 Apr 2005
Posts: 10

17 ants

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject: re: .ws Domain Names Reply with quote

Yes I can understand your issues with MLM programs. I have been working MLM's on and off for several years. Actually I had stopped working the MLM's and started my own web design company which I have been working now full time for about 4 years. But when I ran across this opportunity, I studied it for a couple of days gathering facts and I came to an intelligent decision that it's a nice opportunity. First of all it's Free to start this business. Secondly it only requires a $10 monthly fee to work this business. And thirdly, the income potential is unbelievable.

I responded to a gentleman just on last night that was somewhat skeptical as to rather or not .ws domain names would fair well. I simply gave him the facts. There are now over 60 million domain names on the net, industry experts project over 500 million within the next 10 years. Popular .com domain names are already on the decline. The majority of the good ones are already taken. But letís assume there are at least 10 million .com domain names left. How do those numbers compare with industry expertsí projections of 500 million. So you see, other options will inevitably come into view. One of these options are the .ws domain names. Get in now on the ground floor of this business and you could benefit from it not only now, but also in the years to come. That is why this program is so powerful. It combines two worlds that are known to produce serious incomes. The internet world and MLM world. But history will show that the only persons that really make any money in both of these worlds are those persons that get in on the ground floor. That is what's deceptive about some MLM's. They promise big incomes to all persons that join, but in actuality the market is already saturated due to that MLM has been operation for several of years. And the only people that make some serious incomes are those that got in the program at the ground floor. This is the ground floor of this business. It has been in operation for about 10 months.

You do not want to allow this opportunity of earning a nice residual income month after month, year after year pass you by. You can call me at 901-859-7051 if you have any more questions or concerns. Thanks.
_________________
Need a .ws domain name?
www.Robro.ws

Need a business website?
www.WebsiteDesign123.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
paul
President
President


Joined: 15 Oct 2002
Posts: 8314
Location: UK
11706 ants

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been trying to bite my tongue but... robro, of course you're going to sing the praises of .ws domains because you are trying to sell them and earn a commission along the way. Rolling Eyes

But the reality of the situation is that .ws doesn't have wide recognition and is unlikely to in the foreseeable future, when compared with the likes of .com. You say that .ws is new and has only been around since June 2004, but that's not actually correct; it's been around since 2000 (in the .website context) and it's still yet to catch on.

Paul
_________________
UK Hotels - UK Selfcatering
Luxury Travel - Lake District Apartment
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
robro
Secretary
Secretary


Joined: 22 Apr 2005
Posts: 10

17 ants

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need to bite your tongue. I've done my research. The domain has been around since about 2000, but it was solely under the administration of the country West Samoa. It wasn't until June 2004 that our company GDI receive the necessary rights to the TLD and began to market it.

None the less, don't take my word for it. Do a market analysis on the domain industry and get the facts as to the future of .com domain names. Despite mainstream belief, .com domain names are not infinite. Sooner or later there will have to be another option available for selecting domain names.

I responded to a gentleman just on last night that was somewhat skeptical as to rather or not .ws domain names would fair well. I simply gave him the facts. There are now over 60 million domain names on the net, industry experts project over 500 million within the next 10 years. Popular .com domain names are already on the decline. The majority of the good ones are already taken. But letís assume there are at least 10 million good .com domain names left. How do those numbers compare with industry expertsí projections of 500 million. So you see, other options will inevitably come into view. One of these options are the .ws domain names as well as .us, .org, .info, etc...

I own my own successful web design company which I work full time. You can click on my link below to view if you desire. I do not have time to waste time on posting threads on some pipe dream, get rich scheme. Yes I'm advocating .ws domain names per I am an independent representative. But as a webmaster I'm very selective as to what I spend my time on as far as internet business opportunities. Despite your skepticism this is a powerful business opportunity. It combines two worlds that are known to produce serious incomes. The internet world and MLM world. But history will show that the only persons that really make any money in both of these worlds are those persons that get in on the ground floor. That is what can be deceptive about some MLM's. They promise big incomes to all persons that join, but in actuality the market is already saturated due to that MLM has been operation for several of years. And the only people that make some serious incomes are those that got in the program at the ground floor. This is the ground floor of this business. It has been in operation for about 10 months.

So I can appreciate your opinion about the business, but make sure you research the domain industry thoroughly so that your opinion will be an educated one. Wink

Kind regards,
Robro
_________________
Need a .ws domain name?
www.Robro.ws

Need a business website?
www.WebsiteDesign123.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
paul
President
President


Joined: 15 Oct 2002
Posts: 8314
Location: UK
11706 ants

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robro wrote:
It wasn't until June 2004 that our company GDI receive the necessary rights to the TLD and began to market it.


So, with your earlier remark which was, I quote, "The .ws domain is relatively new. It has only been around since June of 2004." you were, in fact, misleading people. As far as I was aware, but don't quote me on this (I'm not 100% certain), .ws has been around since 1995, but made available to a much wider audiene since 2000.

robro wrote:
None the less, don't take my word for it. Do a market analysis on the domain industry and get the facts as to the future of .com domain names.


There are no facts on their future. There are theories, but not facts.

robro wrote:
Despite mainstream belief, .com domain names are not infinite. Sooner or later there will have to be another option available for selecting domain names.


No, they're limited to up to 67 alphanumeric characters and hyphens. That's still quite a lot.

robro wrote:
I responded to a gentleman just on last night that was somewhat skeptical as to rather or not .ws domain names would fair well. I simply gave him the facts. There are now over 60 million domain names on the net, industry experts project over 500 million within the next 10 years.


So you keep saying. But this is a prediction. Sure, it might be factual that this is the prediction, but it's not fact that it will happen.

robro wrote:
Popular .com domain names are already on the decline. The majority of the good ones are already taken.


Those statements are rather meaningless. "Popular" and "good" are subjective terms.

robro wrote:
I do not have time to waste time on posting threads on some pipe dream, get rich scheme. Yes I'm advocating .ws domain names per I am an independent representative. But as a webmaster I'm very selective as to what I spend my time on as far as internet business opportunities. Despite your skepticism this is a powerful business opportunity.


OK, whatever... come back in a couple years and tell us how rich you are and how wrong I've been. Meanwhile, I'll keep focussing on the aspects of the internet which I'm finding work well... already. Wink

Paul
_________________
UK Hotels - UK Selfcatering
Luxury Travel - Lake District Apartment
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
robro
Secretary
Secretary


Joined: 22 Apr 2005
Posts: 10

17 ants

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Meanwhile, I'll keep focussing on the aspects of the internet which I'm finding work well... already


Obviously the other aspects that you are supposedly focusing on aren't making you rich, otherwise you wouldn't be wasting your time trying to disect my business endeavor, neither would you of even looked at this thread. I'm not trying to scheme anyone, I'm just sharing what is working for me and thousands of others that are working this business. If you are happy with the results that you getting in doing what you are doing, than more power to you. But when you get tired of living from paycheck to paycheck come and see me.

I'm not searching for a get rich quick scheme on the internet. I already make a pretty descent living for me and my family as a web designer on the internet.

In fact if I had know you were only interested in scrutinizing the business, I would haven't wasted my time anwering your posts. I'm not trying to brain wash you or anyone else, but the purpose of this forum is to share your business endeavors that you have experienced success with to others. Not to shoot down another man's entrepreneurial efforts because you disagree with them. But I guess you were making sure the originator of this thread was well informed. This will be my last reply to any of your post. God bless! Smile
_________________
Need a .ws domain name?
www.Robro.ws

Need a business website?
www.WebsiteDesign123.com


Last edited by robro on Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
paul
President
President


Joined: 15 Oct 2002
Posts: 8314
Location: UK
11706 ants

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

robro wrote:
Obviously the other aspects that you are supposedly focusing on aren't making you rich...


Make whatever assumptions you wish but I could have sworn my last 2 AdSense cheques were delivered by UPS. Wink (That may or may not mean something to you.)

I am not attempting to belittle your business. I am just expressing scepticism that, of all the opportunities available via the internet, that .ws domains are the next big thing - which is the picture you appear to be painting.

Anyhow, good luck with your endeavours.

Paul
_________________
UK Hotels - UK Selfcatering
Luxury Travel - Lake District Apartment
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Domains & Hosting Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Google
 
Business Forum ē Sport Forum ē Travel Forum


Powered by php B B © 2001, 2002 php B B Group

AardvarkBusiness.net Business Search Engine & Directory