AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Would you work under a women?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Women in Business Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elle1971
Executive
Executive

333 ants

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think gender matters as much as it used to, to some people before. Men and women can both be difficult. A woman can be hormonal and take it out on people - regardless of how professional she may. I know - I've done it myself. But likewise a man can be an ar*ehole too - just because he got rained off golf, or didn't get a legover the night before - again speaking from experience.

I think that people are just people.
RieOrg
Executive
Executive

309 ants

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a woman and I must say there is a difference between having a female boss or a male boss. They do work in a different way. The female bosses tend to have a harder edge as a rule in order to work well in power. Saying that, this is only a generalisation as every person is different and its not always about the sex but more the personality thing.

As a generalisation though this is usually the way!
dmbunny
PA
PA

42 ants

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've worked under both men and women and I have found in my personal experience that men are easier to work for and work with. I couldn't say that as a generalization though because everyone has had their own experiences and may have a much different experience and opinion than me.
figurewizard
Executive PA
Executive PA

104 ants

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:28 am    Post subject: The difference between working under a man as opposed to a w Reply with quote

In this day and age the question as to whether it is better to work under a man than a woman or vice versa is pretty redundant. The trick next year will be to the ability to work with people as colleagues not minions, even though there is ultimately the need for someone to make the final decision on important issues. This requires being able to identify objectives, make the best plan possible to implement them and communicate how 'the team' (of which the person in charge then becomes a part), is progressing towards those objectives, while addressing any problems the team may encounter.

This will be more important than ever as the difficult year that 2008 looks like being unfolds and the issue as to whether that person in charge is a man or woman makes no difference.

Joe
marnels
Secretary
Secretary

8 ants

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:18 am    Post subject: Women Bosses Reply with quote

It has been my experience that women don't care to mentor their female underlings, while a male boss will spend lots of time and energy mentoring.

In my younger years I tried to never work for a woman for that reason, and as I progressed and became a boss, I tried to spend time with the women and mentor them in the same way I was mentored. Some of these women are my friends to this day.

I think as we have progressed, it is not as intimidating in the work place for women and they are becoming more self assured. Hopefully we have gotten to the place where it doesn't matter whether it's a male or female boss. When I retired, I just started an online business and don't have any of those worries anymore. I will just be my own boss as long as I can type and put up web sites.
happyptc
Temp

9 ants

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a guy and I am no problem working under women.
le tigre
Secretary
Secretary

16 ants

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:51 am    Post subject: Re: Would you work under a women? Reply with quote

girl wrote:
Do you hate working under women?

As a woman I always find that women with higher posititions always seem to give other women a hard time.....while men get it easier...

I personally would never work under a woman.......

Any ideas?

REALLY!?? Shocked the CEO of the company i work for is a woman and she's an amazing inspiration to us all and i can genuinely say that she is probably the best manager one can ask for!

not only does she ask for our contribution (constructive or otherwise) and listens to our ideas and feedbacks she is also generous in sharing her secrets to her success in a blog she has http://naomisimson.com/

my manager and team leader are also woman and i get along with them fine Laughing

i HAVE worked with irrational and derange women AS WELL as men and i really don't think gender has much to do with it in these situations...

give the gift of experience - http://www.redballoondays.com.au/
SheInspires
Executive PA
Executive PA

55 ants

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry you've had a negative experience with someone who happened to be a woman in management.

Personally I've had crap managers that are male and crap managers that are female. I always thought it was simply a personal failing on their part, nothing to do with gender.

I've enjoyed working in corporate divisions headed up by women better than those headed up by men because there's been more equality, respect and opportunity within the divisions.

Then again, I've never really thought I worked 'under' anyone, I always thought I worked with people and we each had different roles within the organisation.

Now I'm the boss I don't have anyone working 'under' me, they work with me to get the results we need.

You might find having a read of IQ Emotional Intelligence worthwhile to feeling happier with work?

All the best.

Advertise in our Women's Magazine online.
DirectorsChair
Secretary
Secretary

12 ants

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:39 pm    Post subject: Women bosses- good or bad? Reply with quote

Hi
I thimk the problem facing us all today is are women really women or are they trying to be men dressed up in skirts?

There used to be clear divisions between women and men, and for me this was a good thing. Women could then use the sweet charm that nature gave them to keep men in line and men didn't mind it at all.

It seems to me that most women today want power until the moment they are overwhelmed and run to the bathroom for a good cry. Women don't have the same capacity as men to fight prolonged battles in business without using mean tacttics to get what they want. They don't hang loose like men.

They don't have the same touch and manners as men in business. For one thing they like using the automatic answering machine a lot "I'm out of the office" is a very common thing to hear when you want to speak to a woman executive.

Men like to play like little boys in or out of business They never take what they do as seriously as women. And men don't get headaches as often either.

I think women are wonderful, but with the exception of a few, not in business.
NAPW
Temp

2 ants

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:38 pm    Post subject: Professional Women Reply with quote

Professional women though are more mature and responsible. I agree with you but not all woman are like that. They are more sensitive. Women will always ask questions that have no right answer, in an effort to trap you into feeling guilty. They also need to feel like there are people worse off than they are. They can't keep secrets. They eat away at them from the inside. And they don't view it as being untrustworthy, providing they only tell two or three people.
Spiderhousepr
Executive PA
Executive PA

82 ants

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:08 pm    Post subject: . Reply with quote

I am a woman who works under a woman, and a man, and frankly they are both as bad as each other, the woman has no courage to stand up to the men, and the men cant even manage themselves let alone anyone else, so I really dont think it matters. However I'm ashamed that in our department of 18 people, only 3 of us are girls.

However I have had both excellent female and male managers in my time, I wouldnt say one was better than the other.
adigaskell
President
President

7099 ants

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:53 am    Post subject: Re: . Reply with quote

FBtips wrote:
I am a woman who works under a woman, and a man, and frankly they are both as bad as each other, the woman has no courage to stand up to the men, and the men cant even manage themselves let alone anyone else, so I really dont think it matters. However I'm ashamed that in our department of 18 people, only 3 of us are girls.

However I have had both excellent female and male managers in my time, I wouldnt say one was better than the other.

Where are you working (if that wouldn't land you in trouble)?
annstar
Executive PA
Executive PA

79 ants

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont personally think there is a huge difference (and rightly so) as i have worked beneath both male and female bosses.
AdvertisingGuerrilla
Executive
Executive

156 ants

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like going to work under a woman.

I would not work under a man though.
gumihomiho
PA
PA

32 ants

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer to work under a man. In terms of work, women are more strict, over standard in office rules, and sometimes we struggle with some insecurities between the boss and employees, specially in girls. I'm a woman too, but almost my close friends are men. Opposite sex can easily understand each other, specially if we are all open minded. Nevertheless, of course, it's really depending on what your personality or attitude you have. The best is you know how to mingle to everyone and always be yourself. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Women in Business Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum