AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Website review forum

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> AardvarkBusiness.net Board Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aaron
Retired Oil Baron
Retired Oil Baron

4592 ants

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 6:50 pm    Post subject: Website review forum Reply with quote

Does anyone think this would be a worthwhile addition to the forums we already have? Or is it just likely to attract spam, do you think?

Aaron
Skinnybrown
Executive
Executive

111 ants

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it would attract spam, but I'm also not sure if it would really fit with the rest of the forums.
I, Brian
Executive
Executive

220 ants

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most times I see such a board, it seems to just legitimise spam.

However, that said, if you look at places such as IMR and Small-business-forum.com they are some of the busiest boards.

I take that as a hint that it's good for inviting new members in. a way to help up the member joined stats and posting totals, if nothing else. Smile
DCrx
Executive PA
Executive PA

97 ants

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be a different kind of review for business. The quality forums I've seen pretty much revolve around "cute" and "code." You could specify guidelines trying to get comments on content, and business application. This could be an a means of reinforcing the focus of the site, where a generic review forum would not.

Areas for review could be customer focus, tagline, general usability, competitive positioning, strategic focus, and so on. I can'r really recall any business criteria other than page rank ever making it into the reviews I've seen on even the bigger forums.

So yes, handled correctly with issued guidelines on how to review for business and content, it could work.

Last edited by DCrx on Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
aaron
Retired Oil Baron
Retired Oil Baron

4592 ants

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great point, DCrx... having a website review forum that focuses upon the business potential of a website - rather than just its aesthetics or PR - would fit in better with the rest of the site, and the forums, than just another website review forum. Will give it some more thought. For the meantime, any more feedback on the idea is welcomed.

I guess if we did have such a forum, the natural place to have it would be somewhere in the 'IT Department' - after the 'Web Design Forum'? Or later?

Thanks everyone,

Aaron
I, Brian
Executive
Executive

220 ants

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a permissions system - or a mod - hat you can apply so that to post in the "review" section the member must have a minimum number of posts - 20, for example (as at SitePoint)?

Will cut out the one-post wonders, somewhat - though I really don't know the issues of using phpbb here.
aaron
Retired Oil Baron
Retired Oil Baron

4592 ants

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I've seen something like that on phpBB before - good idea, I'll investigate. In the meantime, if anyone knows about this (I know there's quite a few forum owners on here), then please let me know! Smile

Aaron
nickc
Executive PA
Executive PA

47 ants

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Website review forum Reply with quote

I certainly think it would be a worthwhile addition to the forum provided the 20 posts rule can be implemented.

Nick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> AardvarkBusiness.net Board Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum