AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post Here and tell how you work from home
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Working from Home Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How much are you earning working from home (montly)?
Nothing - Losing Money
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
Less than $200
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
$201-$1500
33%
 33%  [ 5 ]
$1501-$5000
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
$5,000 or more
33%
 33%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 15

ryanjbow
PA
PA

28 ants

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 9:02 pm    Post subject: Post Here and tell how you work from home Reply with quote

I've been active in many work at home forums. Usually they are filled with people who are struggling to find a way to work at home.

I'm curious how many people in this forum are actually making money and how you are doing it?

Last edited by ryanjbow on Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Old Welsh Guy
President
President

2041 ants

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I work from home, but the figures you have don't include the amount I earn Sad I am presuming they are per month?
ryanjbow
PA
PA

28 ants

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, it's monthly, and i fixed the options to include all possibilities
webitalia2005
Vice President
Vice President

324 ants

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would really like to know what business the people that have voted for 5000 bucks a month have?
ryanjbow
PA
PA

28 ants

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, only 1 person voted for that option.

It would be nice if people posted what they are invovled in. That is what I am most interested in.
Old Welsh Guy
President
President

2041 ants

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a web marketer, I help make people money from their websites or bring their offline business online etc, and they pay me to do so. I get an upfront payment to cover the mountain of work involved in the early stages, then I get a monthly retainer.

I do not work for competing businesses if I am paid a retainer, so this means there is never a chance of my being compromised between two businesses. I work for small one man bands on a one off basis where I might give them an optimisation report on their website which costs like 95, right up to large companies like Norwich Union where we are talking 00,000's. I have also set up deals where people who had a good business but were in a very competitive area (mortgages & Sex toys are two) that would have cost more than they could afford, pay me a share of anything that comes through the site I built and marketed (normally 50%). I would not state how much I earn, but safe to say it is a hell of a lot more than $5000 a month.

I have to say though that I have a background in sales and marketing and am a bloody good salesman. This ability has allowed me to make hay on the web, as professional selling transfers so well into web marketing it was fairly easy. I have been online like forever though Smile

Hope that helps answer your question about who polled $5000 per month plus.
webitalia2005
Vice President
Vice President

324 ants

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wel,l him really interested in your service,this because in a couple of months him going to release a new set of products and I will need a good marketing campaign fo it.Il' keep in touch with you..
lisa1980
Secretary
Secretary

26 ants

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love promoting what I do, Its more like a paid hobbie!

Lisa Laughing
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of poeple work from home and lots of people earn a lot more than $5k a month doing so. For this to be meaningful, I really think you need more of a breakdown for sums beyond that amount.

As for "less than $200 a month", without wishing to sound disrespectful, I don't really see that kind of income generation as a business, more just a hobby.

Paul
publicity-giant
Executive PA
Executive PA

72 ants

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

more than $5k / month

worked at home for 4 years now. Before that I owned a business with a office and lots of staff.

I do Press Release Distribution.
DracoAurarius
PA
PA

26 ants

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i earn more than 5k
DBeavers
Executive PA
Executive PA

74 ants

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: Late coming to this topic Reply with quote

I've been a resident of this group for some time, but visiting a lot less lately, as business keeps me off the forums more and more.

I topped the $5K monthly figure years ago. (Fourth voter in that category of the poll.)

I assist business, industry, and gov't agencies with purchasing promotional advertising products with their name/logo/message. This is an $18 Billion market in the US, so it only takes a small piece of a niche within this market to earn a comfortable income.

I work from home, but most of my orders are written when I am calling on clients face-to-face. Internet orders account for less than 20% of my total sales volume.

I've been selling in the Promotional Advertising (formerly Advertising Specialties) industry for over 20 years. This business lends itself well for long-term relationships, and the majority of my clients have been ordering from me for 10 to 21 years now, with most new clients coming from referrals by current customers.

Dennis Bevers
BASSCO, Inc.
Smooth
Executive
Executive

204 ants

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$5K is peanuts. C'mon guys! Where are the big boys? We want to know what you do.
DBeavers
Executive PA
Executive PA

74 ants

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject: For the record Smooth... Reply with quote

I didn't claim $5K monthly income. I stated that I topped that years ago. My income has grown considerably since then, but I chose not to post specifics.

For the record, I sold just over $40K in calendars, caps, jackets, ink pens, and a ton of other promotional advertising products in February. At the same time, I earned override income of my associates sales of $200K.

My personally sales have averaged well over $250K annually over the past 5 to 6 years, while my associates have averaged $2 to $2.5 Million for the past 4 years.

I'm in a small to medium market in the US, only travelling to Houston, TX on sales calls 4 to 6 times each year. I'm only in the top 2% of sales with my company, with at least 50 other dealers outselling me the last 2 years.

My goals was not to show how high my income is, but that the possibility exists for others to outsell me in this industry.

Dennis Bevers
BASSCO, Inc.

Last edited by DBeavers on Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Old Welsh Guy
President
President

2041 ants

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smooth wrote:
$5K is peanuts. C'mon guys! Where are the big boys? We want to know what you do.

Cmon then big boy, you show me yours, I show you mine Wink

What you eanr s not relevant IMo, what matters is that what you earn gives you the quality of life you want.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Working from Home Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum