AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

dropshipping

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Working from Home Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lugia
Secretary
Secretary

10 ants

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: dropshipping Reply with quote

hi i'm interested in dropshipping, what does everyone think is the best way to go?
selling on ebay or setting up my own website or maybe both
Toon
Executive
Executive

319 ants

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I offer a dropshipping service for clothes and sunglasses. I find that my dropshipping customers who have websites and sell the odd item on Ebay do the best. If a company has 100 dropshippers and they all sell on Ebay then you'll find it hard to make much money.
lugia
Secretary
Secretary

10 ants

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject: dropshipping Reply with quote

thanks much appreciated
alperxxx
Temp

2 ants

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

Please look at this site ,you can make both , sell products on your own site or sell on ebay.
There are more than 35,000 products ready to sell...

http://www.onlinestoreoffer.com/Marketing/DD_index.asp
toneharb
Temp

3 ants

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have dabbled in dropshipping but have always gone back to affiliate business because

1. Tat - most of the stuff you get is imported or not a good brand.
2. Prices - anything worth selling i have found i can buy as cheap in town - there are wholesalers that sell for instance hot products like the RobotSapien Vs2 , i though t great but then looked at Froogle and some stores were selling half price with free delivery . So it would be like selling snow to the eskimos .

The only thing that worked in the summer was swimming pools on Ebay , when suddenly during a hot period demand outstripped supply and i found i could compete briefly with ToysRus on prices - i sold 10 in a week then the dropshiping went out of stock - that's the other BIG problem

Have tried with about 10 wholesale/dropshippers now. Although i hae found none work well online ,it would probably be more viable if you promoted the products offline/ cat boot sales / cataloguesetc.. instead.
masterdome
Temp

7 ants

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: Dropshipping Reply with quote

Hi, I would not use dropshipping with my ebay business because you are putting you hard earnt feedback score in the hands of someone who has nothing to lose. If I were to use dropshipping it would be in direct mail only or a dedicated website.

Regards
Alan
Plug-In Profit Site - 3 EASY STEPS to Make Money Online!
Yourincomeguide
Temp

5 ants

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:08 am    Post subject: Relationship Reply with quote

Whenever a distributor or drop shipper is selected, there is always some risk. Are they going to deliver ontime? What about warranty issues? etc. Best case scenario for me is to recieve a referral from a friend who has used and is still using said distributor. Our reputation relies on whether or not we deliver the goods ordered and I personally have spent a considerable amount of time dealing with lost shipments, incorrect shipments and the like. As for ebay or a regular website, you are developing a business either way and need to find suppliers you can rely on. Good luck.

Ed
markcambridge
Temp

2 ants

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: dropshipping Reply with quote

lugia wrote:
hi i'm interested in dropshipping, what does everyone think is the best way to go?
selling on ebay or setting up my own website or maybe both

Are you in need of a UK Based wholesaler with years of experience in the trade offering a wide range of products.

What i am offering is a full account set-up with a wholesaler who offers the following products.

These prices will not change and are the prices that you will be buying at, Delivery to UK is included in prices, there are no extras to pay e.g.. admin fees, VAT or any monthly costs. What you see is what you buy at guaranteed!

Quantity x Product x Price
10 x Playstation 3 60GB with 1 controller x £2995.95
10 x Xbox 360 Premium Console 2 controllers + 1 Game x £1095.95
10 x Sony PSP 2GB Memory x £695.95
10 x Nintendo wii + Sports Pack x £1695.95
10 x Nintendo DS Lite + 1 Game x £995.95
500 x 2GB Micro SD Memory Card x £1895.95
10 x Nokia N95 Unlocked x £1195.95
10 x 2GB Ipod Nano Silver or Black x £649.95
10 x 2GB unbranded Mp3 Player x £195.95
10 x 4GB unbranded Mp3 Player x £289.95
10 x Tom Tom one x £795.95
10 x Cannon Powershot SD630 6MP + 2GB Memory x £795.95

If you want more prices of anything please ask

All products are New and are UK models. Include all necessary wires, manuals etc.
Smaller and larger quantities are available you just need to call them.

Plus loads of other product lines, clothing, bikes, automotive, dvds, books, music, computers, watches, phones to many to list.

What you get,
Name, Address, Contact Number.
Website and ordering system.
Full account set-up (No extras to pay)
24/7 Support
Additional useful information

Guarantee that prices won’t change and the prices you see know are the prices you will pay to get these products delivered to your door.

This is no mickey mouse company their turnover is in excess of £1,000,000 a year and you will get 100% satisfaction from them.

I am offering you this information and account set-up for only £24.99 which I'm sure you can appreciate is extremely cheap when you consider you will easily make this back from selling these products.

You will also receive a 5% discount off your first order! Because your account is set-up through me! So if you ordered 10 Playstations you would save a massive £150! Which easily pays for the cost of this information. (Exclusive to this forum)

There is no subscription and you will not pay anything else than this one fee.

I will accept payment through PayPal as it is the safest online way to pay or any other if you wish.

Any questions please ask.
BaraTickets
Secretary
Secretary

18 ants

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Dropshipping Reply with quote

Masterdome's reply is very good advice in that if your ebay score depends on the dropshipper, it could be a problem.
My own way is that I go for buying the stock and seek an extra discount to further drive down the costs and increase profits. This does of course mean you have to invest a little, but you can buy just a few of each product and then buy in biger numbers as you soon begin to see what sells.
Elle1971
Executive
Executive

333 ants

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the benefit of those of us that do not deal in physical goods 80% of the time - could you please explain dropshipping in more detail? And how it is of benefit to the rest of us?

Or am I just being nosey?

Elle xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Working from Home Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business ForumSport ForumTravel Forum